Family Practice with ER Roster Replacement Opportunity (Sackville, NB)
Horizon Health Network, Moncton Area, is recruiting a family practitioner to join the medical staff at the Sackville Memorial Hospital. The practice has approximately 1200-1400 patients with a cross section of age groups from newborns to geriatrics. The office is located next to the hospital. It is spacious with two exam rooms, a utility room, bathroom and a shared waiting area. Administrative support is also included. All computers are connected to the Horizon EMR and PACs system. Hospital responsibilities include regular emergency shifts (1 in 9) and care of inpatients. Excellent specialty backup arrangements are available.
The Sackville Memorial Hospital is located in Sackville, NB (approximately a 30-minute drive from the city of Moncton).
The Sackville Memorial Hospital is an acute care community hospital located in the Town of Sackville and provides services to the population of Sackville, Dorchester, Port Elgin and surrounding areas, including the thriving student population of Mount Allison University. Sackville Memorial Hospital provides 24/7 emergency services and has 21 family practice beds. Other services provided at the hospital include ambulatory care, dietician and diabetic education, diagnostic imaging, family medicine, laboratory, palliative care, rehabilitation, speech language pathology, physiotherapy, occupational therapy and a day surgery program.
Horizon Health Network, www.horizonnb.ca, is one of the largest health-care organizations in Atlantic Canada, operating 12 hospitals and more than 100 medical facilities, clinics and offices providing medical services ranging from acute care to community based health services to New Brunswick, northern Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. With 1,000 physicians, an annual budget exceeding $1 billion and approximately 13,000 employees, Horizon Health Network’s strategic vision focuses on research, innovation and education.
- Community family practice
- ER roster replacement
- Inpatient hospital care
Remuneration is negotiable. Standard remuneration is fee-for-service which is a direct compensation between the physician and Medicare of New Brunswick. No source deductions can be provided. However, under special circumstances, with approval from the Department of Health of New Brunswick, a salaried model may be available. This may range between a minimum of $182,936 to a maximum of $199,680 annually (excluding benefits and source deductions) based on qualifications and experience. Locums receive 10% in lieu of benefits. On call remuneration is fee-for-service.
ER duties are paid mostly by an hourly sessional rate plus a stipend for overnight call. The total pay for ER day shift (8 am-6 pm) is $1738.00. Pay for the ER night shift (6 pm to 8 am) is $1738.00 plus FFS between12 am and 8 am. The ER physician is "on-call" after midnight and is not required to stay on-site as long as they are less than 10 minutes from the hospital.
- Moving expenses as per the provincial policy
- Recruitment incentives for new physicians in a rural area as per the provincial policy
- Opportunity to teach with the Family Medicine Residency Training Program with faculty appointment with Dalhousie Medical School, https://medicine.dal.ca/
EXPECTED START DATE:
The practice is available anytime over the next three years.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
Sackville is a town in southeastern New Brunswick, Canada, and is home to Mount Allison University. The town is a vibrant and friendly university town of 5,558. There is great cycling, cross country skiing, theatre, music and more. Visit the Town of Sackville at .
- Must hold a valid license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick.
- Must be a member in good standing with the College of Family Physicians of Canada.
- Must be a licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada (LMCC).
- Must have valid ACLS.
- Must have valid ATLS.
- Must have a current malpractice insurance from the Canadian Medical Protective Association appropriate to the category of practice.
- Must be eligible for membership in the Department of Family Medicine.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Excellent attendance and work record.