The Moncton Hospital, a facility within Horizon Health Network, is recruiting a locum Rheumatologist from July 2021 to January 2022 to cover a maternity leave. A locum for the full period or a portion of it would be considered. It is a very diverse and interesting practice. Services include inpatient and outpatient rheumatology.
Horizon Health Network, www.horizonnb.ca, is one of the largest health-care organizations in Atlantic Canada, operating 12 hospitals and more than 100 medical facilities, clinics and offices providing medical services ranging from acute care to community based health services to New Brunswick, northern Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. With 1,000 physicians, an annual budget exceeding $1 billion and approximately 13,000 employees, Horizon Health Network’s strategic vision focuses on research, innovation and education.
The Moncton Hospital is a 386-bed, tertiary and critical care facility within Horizon Health Network. It is a major referral hospital serving communities across New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and northern Nova Scotia. It is a level II Trauma Centre which offers tertiary services in neurosurgery, oncology and neonatal care and includes all other major services and subspecialties. The intensive care unit has a 10-bed medical-surgery unit and 6-bed neurosurgical unit.
The Moncton Hospital offers excellent opportunities for teaching and clinical research and has academic affiliation with Dalhousie University. The hospital is one of the largest employers within metro Moncton, employing 3,000 staff and physicians.
HOURS OF WORK
- 7.5 hours/day, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- No evening or weekend call.
A typical weekly schedule will include:A typical weekly schedule will include:
- Rheumatology services
- On-call coverage in coordination with other members of the division
- Teaching residents and medical students
This is a salaried locum. This may range between a minimum of $230,074 to a maximum of $279,682 annually (excluding benefits and source deductions) based on qualifications and experience. Locums receive 10% in lieu of benefits. On call and out-of-province remuneration is fee-for-service.
Opportunity to teach with the Family Medicine Residency Training Program with faculty appointment with Dalhousie Medical School, https://medicine.dal.ca/
EXPECTED START DATE:
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
The city, with adjoining municipalities, has a population of more than 144,000, and was ranked as one of the best Canadian cities for quality of community life. There is an abundance of educational, cultural and recreational opportunities including easy access to warm water beaches of the Northumberland Strait, and also the scenic Bay of Fundy area. Visit the City’s website at www.moncton.ca. On top of these benefits, Moncton residents take advantage of one of the lowest cost of living environments in the country and commute to work times are among the shortest in Canada.
- The Department of Internal Medicine requires that its active and courtesy members have passed the examinations of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or the examination of la Corporation professionnelle des médecins du Québec. In circumstances where no Canadian trained applicants are available, the Department will consider physicians with American Boards who are able to obtain licensure in the State of Maine. In special circumstances, foreign graduates who qualify for licensure in the Province of New Brunswick will be considered.
- Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick. https://www.cpsnb.org/