THE POSITION: Family Medicine – Grand Manan Island, NB
Horizon Health Network invites applications for a long-term locum in Family Medicine for the Grand Manan Hospital on Grand Manan Island, New Brunswick, part of the Saint John area (Region 2).
The successful candidate will provide comprehensive family medicine/emergency services and participate in the on-call rotation with two other family physicians at the Grand Manan Hospital.
Family Medicine physicians are encouraged to be part of the Family Medicine teaching program affiliated with Dalhousie University Medical School and Memorial University Medical School postgraduate program and teaching in the undergraduate program at Dalhousie Medicine New Brunswick. Information regarding faculty appointments is available upon request. Physicians are also encouraged to be part of the research program.
Horizon has an annual budget of approximately $1.1 billion and has more than 12,600 employees, 1,100 physicians and 5,200 volunteers, auxiliary and alumnae members, as well as 17 foundations and 18 auxiliary and alumnae organizations. Horizon ensures representation from urban and rural areas through a 15-member Board that consists of 7 appointed and 8 elected members of the public.
For more information, visit the Horizon Health Network website at www.horizonnb.ca
HOURS OF WORK:
- Hours of work are normally provided between 0830hrs – 1630hrs Monday to Friday, unless otherwise agreed upon by the Service/Department Head.
- After-hours and weekend call coverage in coordination with members of the Department.
These responsibilities are basic. Additional duties may be assigned from time to time as may be necessary to the operation of Horizon Health Network:
- Provide family-centered primary care in the community for all age groups and genders.
- Collaborate with Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses and other allied medical staff.
- Provide in-patient hospital care.
- Participate in after hours on-call coverage in coordination with other medical staff ensuring provisions are made for continual coverage of patient caseload during times when you are absent from your practice.
- Participate in medical practice that is compatible with the Health Authority’s mission, values and strategic directions.
This is a salaried position, remuneration is based on the New Brunswick Medical Pay Plan. The current rates range between $170,378 to a maximum of $199,680 annually (locums receive 10% of the base salary in lieu of benefits) based on qualifications and experience. In addition, a daily Remote Living Allowance will be applied.
On call remuneration is Fee-For-Service which is a direct compensation between the physician and Medicare New Brunswick.
INCENTIVES: Locums not eligible.
EXPECTED START DATE: TBD
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
Grand Manan Island is located in the world-famous Bay of Fundy. Get up close and personal with puffins, migrating whales, marine wildlife and migrating seabirds on the finest tours in the bay. Grand Manan offers a glimpse into our maritime roots with its picturesque views of sea cliffs, quiet coves and quaint fishing villages.
Life on this unspoiled Fundy Island promises to capture your imagination, whether you choose to be adventurous and enjoy hiking along the coast, kayaking or whale watching or take advantage of the serenity and comb the natural beaches for tidal treasures. Step ashore to explore the rugged coastal beauty and tranquility down at the wharf.
- A medical degree is required.
- Certification with the College of Family Physicians of Canada is preferred. Consideration will be given to other University Medical School qualifications and training.
§ Certified in BCLS preferred.
- Candidates must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick.
- Proficiency in English is required.
- In accordance with immigration requirements, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Good attendance and work record.
- Physically able to perform assign duties.
TO APPLY/INFORMATION: Applicants are invited to visit www.NBHealthJobs.ca