Family Practice Opportunity (Moncton)
The practice has approximately 2200 patients with a very balanced spread across the age groups. The physician is looking to split this practice. The incoming physician would be responsible for setting-up his or her own practice with the patients received. Excellent specialty backup arrangements are available.
Horizon Health Network, www.horizonnb.ca, is one of the largest health-care organizations in Atlantic Canada, operating 12 hospitals and more than 100 medical facilities, clinics and offices providing medical services ranging from acute care to community based health services to New Brunswick, northern Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. With 1,000 physicians, an annual budget exceeding $1 billion and approximately 13,000 employees, Horizon Health Network’s strategic vision focuses on research, innovation and education.
The Moncton Hospital is a 386-bed, tertiary and critical care facility within Horizon Health Network. It is a major referral hospital serving communities across New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and northern Nova Scotia. It is a level II Trauma Centre which offers tertiary services in neurosurgery, oncology and neonatal care and includes all other major services and subspecialties. The Department of Family Medicine admits patients not requiring obstetrics, surgery intensive care or acute psychiatric care. The scope of practice includes pediatrics, general medicine and geriatrics with consultant support.
The Moncton Hospital offers excellent opportunities for teaching and clinical research and has academic affiliation with Dalhousie University. The hospital is one of the largest employers within metro Moncton, employing 3,000 staff and physicians.
On-call coverage is required and is coordinated among a group of seven, doing weekly calls.
- Office hours Monday to Friday
- Inpatient hospital care
- On-call coverage coordinated with the group of family physicians
Standard remuneration is fee-for-service which is a direct compensation between the physician and Medicare of New Brunswick. No source deductions can be provided. However, under special circumstances, with approval from the Department of Health of New Brunswick, a salaried model may be available. This may range between a minimum of $182,936 to a maximum of $199,680 annually (excluding benefits and source deductions) based on qualifications and experience. On call remuneration is fee-for-service.
- Moving expenses as per the provincial policy
- $30,000 incentives for family physicians in an urban area (based on criteria updated regularly and approved by the Department of Health)
- Opportunity to teach with the Family Medicine Residency Training Program with faculty appointment with Dalhousie Medical School, https://medicine.dal.ca/
EXPECTED START DATE:
As soon as possible.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
The city, with adjoining municipalities, has a population of more than 144,000, and was ranked as one of the best Canadian cities for quality of community life. There is an abundance of educational, cultural and recreational opportunities including easy access to warm water beaches of the Northumberland Strait, and also the scenic Bay of Fundy area. Visit the City’s website at www.moncton.ca.
- Must hold a valid license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick.
- Must be a member in good standing with the College of Family Physicians of Canada.
- Must be a licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada (LMCC).
- Must have a current malpractice insurance from the Canadian Medical Protective Association appropriate to the category of practice.
- Must be eligible for membership in the Department of Family Medicine.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Excellent attendance and work record.