NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
ZONE: Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY: Chaleur Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Family medicine
CLASSIFICATION: Family physician
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
The Family Medicine Department of the Acadian Peninsula in Zone 6 (Acadie-Bathurst) of Vitalité Health Network is seeking to recruit full-time family physicians for the communities of Caraquet and Tracadie. The successful candidates will open an office in the community, provide primary and hospital care as well as emergency department services in the Acadian Peninsula. Therefore, they will provide services to inpatients, take part in the Hospitalist Program and will have shifts in the Caraquet and/or Tracadie emergency departments as deemed necessary by the Chief of Family Medicine. These positions are mainly focused on community-based primary medical and preventive health care and may include palliative and geriatric care as well as obstetric and oncology clinics. The candidates will be expected to participate in teaching medical students and residents.
This position involves clinical work in the provision of general medical care of patients. The work involves responsibility for performing medical care in the diagnosis and treatment of illness and may require close cooperation with various health care professionals. Work is performed with opportunity for independent judgment and action, and is reviewed by the physician’s Clinical Department Head / Chief of Service / Program Director in which the physician works. Review of the work may also be supervised by the Local and Regional Chiefs of Staff and the zone’s Medical Director of the Regional Health Authority (RHA). The physician works in accordance of the RHA Bylaws.
- Diploma of a recognized Medical School and graduate studies in the field of family medicine;
- College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) certification or its equivalent;
- Eligible for a licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New-Brunswick;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network’s management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The salary for this position is fee-for-service.
- Moving expenses allowance.
- Possibility of a recruitment incentive depending on eligibility, as determined by the Department of Health (return of service required).
- This job is also posted on NBhealthjobs.
- For more information about Vitalite Health Network, please visit the Network’s website.
- For more information about the community, please visit the City of Bathurst's website.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.