NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
ZONE: Zone 1B - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Family Medecine Unit - Dieppe and Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT: Family Medicine
CLASSIFICATION: Family Medicine - professor
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
Under the responsibility of the Director of the Family Medicine Unit and the Director of the Programme de formation en médecine de famille francophone du N.-B. the successful candidate(s) agree to each be responsible for an office located in the Family Medicine Unit (FMU) at 185 Acadie Street in Dieppe. The successful candidatewill be required to make a significant contribution to teaching in addition to providing care and services to the patients assigned to them.
The successful candidate(s) will provide inpatient services and participate in the hospitalization program and on-call coverage. These positions are mainly focused on community-based primary medical and preventive health care and may include the following areas: palliative, geriatric, emergency, Obstetrical Clinic, surgical on-call list, oncology, etc. The choice of services to be assigned will be made according to predetermined priorities set by the departments of the Dr. Georges-L-Dumont University Hospital Centre based on patients’ health service needs.
- Diploma of a recognized Medical School and graduate studies in the field of family medicine;
- Degree from a recognized medical school and postgraduate studies (residency) in the field of family medicine;
- Certification from the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC), or equivalent;
- Eligibility to obtain a licence to practise from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick. To contact the College, visit https://www.cpsnb.org/;
- Hold a Clinical Professor appointment from the Faculté de médecine et des sciences de la santé of the Université de Sherbrooke or be prepared to take the necessary steps to obtain this appointment;
- Participate in supervising residents and interns and in all other academic activities taking place at the FMU;
- Be involved in a pedagogical training process tailored to the needs of residents and interns;
- Participate in the process of evaluating learners;
- Participate in FMU meetings from the academic and administrative perspective;
- Participate in primary health care research activities;
- Work in close collaboration with the other physicians and members of the multidisciplinary team;
- Perform all other duties relevant to the smooth operation of the clinic and teaching program.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network’s management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
- The salary for this position is fee-for-service.
- Moving expenses allowance.
- Possibility of a recruitment incentive depending on eligibility, as determined by the Department of Health (return of service required).
- This job is also posted on NBhealthjobs.
- For more information about Vitalite Health Network, please visit the Network’s website.
- For more information about the community, please visit the city's website; https://www.moncton.ca/
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.