NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
ZONE: Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY: Chaleur Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Regional Neurology Department
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
Under the direction of the Regional Neurology Department Head and the Medical Director for the sector, the neurologist focuses on health and illnesses of the nervous system. Neurologists provide care for patients with diseases of the nervous system, including conditions affecting the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves, neuromuscular junctions and skeletal muscles. Patients with neurological conditions are often disabled with illnesses that affect their identity and independence. Neurologists diagnose and manage the care of patients with diseases affecting the nervous system. They gather information from the patient’s history and physical examination in order to locate the neurological lesion. They integrate those clinical findings with the results of paraclinical investigations of the nervous system, including neuroimaging and electrodiagnostic testing, to determine the cause of acute or chronic neurological conditions.
- Recognized certification in nephrology from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada;
- Degree from a recognized medical school and residency granting a licence in neurology;
- Active member of the Canadian Medical Protective Association or equivalent liability insurance association;
- Member of the New Brunswick Medical Society;
- Privileges with Vitalité Health Network;
- Registration with New Brunswick Medicare;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, the Network’s management philosophy and organizational values;
- Adherence to the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The salary for this position is sessional fees.
- Moving expenses allowance.
- Possibility of a recruitment incentive depending on eligibility, as determined by the Department of Health (return of service required).
- This job is also posted on NBhealthjobs.
- For more information about Vitalite Health Network, please visit the Network’s website.
- For more information about the community, please visit the City of Edmundston's website.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.