The Department of Oncology at the Saint John Regional Hospital is seeking an interested candidate to complete the complement of six (6) Medical Oncologists, alongside seven Radiation Oncologists, four Hematologists and two family physicians.
The Department of Oncology at the Saint John Regional Hospital is an Adult Tertiary Cancer Centre and is at the forefront of multidisciplinary cancer care in the province for Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology and Hematology in Saint John. The centre provides full-service oncology with an inpatient unit, ambulatory clinic, an active research unit and autologous stem cell transplantation.
The Department of Oncology is a combined department which facilitates excellent collaboration amongst the sub-specialties and allied health personnel involved in the care of the cancer patient. The medical community enjoys great collegiality and all medical and surgical specialists are housed under one roof enhancing and facilitating multidisciplinary assessment of patients. Multidisciplinary tumour board rounds are held on a regular basis. The members of the Department of Oncology are active educators through affiliations with Dalhousie University, the University of New Brunswick and Memorial University. This provides excellent opportunities to expose trainees to the discipline of medical oncology. The Medical Oncologist has great opportunities to be involved with all levels of learners extending from medical students to residents as well as undergraduates, allied health professionals and graduate/postgraduate research trainees.
The Department of Oncology has an active clinical trials unit and is involved in many cooperative group and industry studies. We are also involved in biobanking and both wet and dry lab cancer research. Interest in original research is highly valued and would be supported by the department.
HORIZON HEALTH NETWORK:
Horizon Health Network is the second largest health-care organization in Atlantic Canada, operating 12 hospitals and more than 100 medical facilities, clinics and offices providing medical services ranging from acute care to community based health services to New Brunswick, northern Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. With 1,000 physicians, an annual budget exceeding $1 billion and approximately 13,000 employees, Horizon Health Network’s strategic vision focuses on research, innovation and education.
For more information, visit the Horizon Health Network website at www.horizonnb.ca
HOURS OF WORK:
▪ Hours of work are normally provided between 0830hrs – 1630hrs Monday to Friday, unless otherwise agreed upon by the Service/Department Head.
▪ After-hours and weekend call coverage in coordination with members of the Department.
These responsibilities are basic. Additional duties may be assigned from time to time as may be necessary to the operation of Horizon Health Network:
▪ Provide in-patient hospital care and ambulatory care in a clinical setting
▪ Provide consultations to hospital-based patients as requested by attending staff.
▪ Participate in after hours on-call coverage in coordination with other medical staff ensuring provisions are made for continual coverage of patient caseload during times when you are absent from your practice.
▪ Participate in medical practice that is compatible with the Health Authority’s mission,
values and strategic directions.
This is a salaried position, remuneration is based on the New Brunswick Medical Pay Plan. The current rates range between $305,811 (26.5% Market Adjustment included) to a maximum of $371,789 (26.5% Market Adjustment included) annually based on qualifications and experience. On call remuneration is Fee-For-Service which is a direct compensation between the physician and Medicare New Brunswick.
▪ Moving Expense Allowance with a Return of Service.
EXPECTED START DATE: January 2023, negotiable.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
A playground in Atlantic Canada surrounded by fresh waterways on one side and the ocean on the other.
With a community of Maritime and Acadian people whose rich friendly culture will include you.
To a community where families are able to raise their children in a safe, close-knit environment with a reasonable cost of living.
The Saint John area offers you a broad range of affordable housing options, from heritage properties to executive homes within the city and in nearby Kennebecasis Valley. Saint John, a booming harbor city is Canada's oldest incorporated city (1785) and home to the country's oldest museum and farmers' market. For spouses and families, there are excellent employment and educational prospects. The nearby towns and villages, such as St. Andrews, Sussex, and Grand Manan, provide a diverse selection of recreational and sport activities that appeal to all age groups.
▪ A medical degree is required.
▪ Royal College Certification in Internal Medicine with subspecialty certification in Medical Oncology or equivalent is required Candidates must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick.
▪ Proficiency in English is required.
▪ In accordance with immigration requirements, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada.
▪ Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-building skills.
▪ Good attendance and work record.
▪ Physically able to perform assigned duties.
▪ Must be a member in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick and the New Brunswick Medical Society.
▪ Must have current malpractice insurance from the Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA) appropriate to the category of practice.
Applicants are invited to forward a CV to Hope Kelly, Physician Recruitment Coordinator, 400 University Avenue, PO Box 5200, Saint John, NB E2L 4L4; Fax: (506) 648-6364 or Email: hope.kelly@HorizonNB.ca or visit www.NBHealthjobs.ca