Horizon Health Network, Saint John area (Region 2), is actively seeking a full-time Hematologist. The physician will be joining a group of three (3) Hematologists, 3 Malignant Hematology nurses, 1 Benign Hematology nurse, 3 Apheresis Nurses, 2 Stem Cell Transplant (SCT) Nurse Coordinators, 1 SCT Pharmacist, and 1 Anticoagulation Clinic Pharmacist. Research activity is supported by a dedicated Hematology Research Program as well as an Oncology Clinical Trials group.
The candidate will be participating in Outpatient Benign and Malignant Hematology Clinics, weekday inpatient consults, Apheresis Unit, and Malignant Hematology Inpatient Service. There is shared Heme-Onc weekend call. There is also an opportunity to provide support to our Internal Medicine Teaching Unit as well as call coverage for Internal Medicine.
The Saint John Regional Hospital is a tertiary care hospital associated with Dalhousie University and Halifax. It is the Provincial Stem Cell Transplantation Centre. The SJRH is also the Provincial Apheresis Centre. Tertiary care medical and allied health departments fully support the department of Hematology in the management of Malignant Hematologic Disorders (Acute and Chronic Leukemia, MDS, MPN, Lymphomas, Plasma Cell Disorders), Autologous Stem Cell Transplants, and Benign Hematologic Disorders (Bleeding Disorders, Thrombotic Disorders). The Hematology Program is supported by 3 Hematopathologists and a wide range of testing facilities (Flow Cytometry, FISH, Cytogenetics, Next Generation Sequencing). The SJRH is a site for an Internal Medicine training program and Dalhousie Medicine New Brunswick.
Horizon has an annual budget of approximately $1.1 billion and has more than 12,600 employees, 1,100 physicians and 5,200 volunteers, auxiliary and alumnae members, as well as 17 foundations and 18 auxiliary and alumnae organizations. Horizon ensures representation from urban and rural areas through a 15-member Board that consists of 7 appointed and 8 elected members of the public.
HOURS OF WORK:
· Hours of work are normally provided between 0830hrs – 1630hrs Monday to Friday, unless otherwise agreed upon by the Service/Department Head.
· After-hours and weekend call coverage in coordination with members of the Department.
These responsibilities are basic. Additional duties may be assigned from time to time as may be necessary to the operation of Horizon Health Network:
· Provide ambulatory care in a teaching clinic setting.
· Provide inpatient care including rounds on patients.
· Provide consultations to hospital-based patients as requested by attending staff.
· Provide supervision of Therapeutic Apheresis.
· Provide on-call services during statutory holidays, evenings and weekends as part of the on-call
schedule of the provincial service.
· Participate in medical practice that is compatible with the Health Authority’s mission, values and strategic directions.
This is a salaried position, remuneration is based on the New Brunswick Medical Pay Plan. The current rates range between $305,811 (26.5% Market Adjustment included) to a maximum of $371,789 (26.5% Market Adjustment included) annually based on qualifications and experience. On call remuneration is Fee-For-Service which is a direct compensation between the physician and Medicare New Brunswick
· Moving Expense Allowance with a Return of Service.
· Candidates may be eligible for a Provincial Recruitment Incentive with a Return of Service Agreement.
EXPECTED START DATE: Immediately
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
A playground in Atlantic Canada surrounded by fresh waterways on one side and the ocean on the other.
With a community of Maritime and Acadian people whose rich friendly culture will include you.
To a community where families are able to raise their children in a safe, close-knit environment with a reasonable cost of living.
The Saint John area offers you a broad range of affordable housing options, from heritage properties to executive homes within the city and in nearby Kennebecasis Valley. Saint John, a booming harbor city is Canada's oldest incorporated city (1785) and home to the country's oldest museum and farmers' market. For spouses and families, there are excellent employment and educational prospects. The nearby towns and villages, such as St. Stephen, Sussex, and Grand Manan, provide a diverse selection of recreational and sport activities that appeal to all age groups.
· A medical degree is required.
· Certification with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada as Specialist in Internal Medicine and Hematology.
· Candidates must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick.
· Proficiency in English is required. Bilingual skills would be considered an asset.
· In accordance with immigration requirements, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-building skills.
· Good attendance and work record.
· Physically able to perform assigned duties.
TO APPLY/INFORMATION: Applicants are invited to visit www.NBHealthJobs.ca