Horizon Health Network, Saint John area (Region 2), is actively seeking a permanent full-time Internal Medicine / General Internal Medicine (GIM) Specialist. Services include inpatient and outpatient responsibilities. On-call Internal Medicine is required and shared equally by department members.
We are a teaching centre with both residents and medical students. The candidate should have interest and recent experience with Medical Education of students.
Horizon has an annual budget of approximately $1.1 billion and has more than 12,600 employees, 1,100 physicians and 5,200 volunteers, auxiliary and alumnae members, as well as 17 foundations and 18 auxiliary and alumnae organizations. Horizon ensures representation from urban and rural areas through a 15-member Board that consists of 7 appointed and 8 elected members of the public.
HOURS OF WORK:
- Hours of work are normally provided between 0830hrs – 1630hrs Monday to Friday, unless otherwise agreed upon by the Service/Department Head.
- After-hours and weekend call coverage in coordination with members of the Department.
These responsibilities are basic. Additional duties may be assigned from time to time as may be necessary to the operation of Horizon Health Network:
- Provide outpatient service for assessment and management of new and follow-up GIM patients.
- Collaborate with Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses and other allied medical staff.
- Provide in-patient care on call to patients on the IM inpatient service.
- Provide in-patient hospital care and GIM consultations (Mon - Fri).
- Participate in equally shared on-call coverage (approximately 1/20).
- Participate in medical practice that is compatible with the Health Authority’s mission, values and strategic directions.
- Teaching and administrative responsibilities for residents and medical students.
- Participate in departmental and other appropriate area and / or regional Medical Specialties Program committees.
- Other duties that may arise by circumstance and may be assigned by the Department of Internal Medicine.
These responsibilities are basic. Additional duties may be assigned from time to time as may be necessary to the operation of Horizon Health Network.
Standard remuneration is Fee-for-Service which is a direct compensation between the physician and Medicare of New Brunswick. No source deductions can be provided. A salaried arrangement can be considered if preferred.
On call remuneration is fee for service.
· Candidates may be eligible for a Provincial Recruitment Incentive with a Return of Service Agreement.
· Moving Expense Allowance with a Return of Service.
EXPECTED START DATE: As soon as possible.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
A playground in Atlantic Canada surrounded by fresh waterways on one side and the ocean on the other.
With a community of Maritime and Acadian people whose rich friendly culture will include you.
To a community where families are able to raise their children in a safe, close-knit environment with a reasonable cost of living.
The Saint John area offers you a broad range of affordable housing options, from heritage properties to executive homes within the city and in nearby Kennebecasis Valley. Saint John, a booming harbour city is Canada's oldest incorporated city (1785) and home to the country's oldest museum and farmers' market. For spouses and families, there are excellent employment and educational prospects. The nearby towns and villages, such as St. Stephen, Sussex, and Grand Manan, provide a diverse selection of recreational and sport activities that appeal to all age groups.
- A medical degree is required.
- Certification with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, or equivalent qualifications in Internal Medicine will be considered.
- Candidates must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick.
- Proficiency in English is required. Bilingual skills would be considered an asset.
- In accordance with immigration requirements, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Good attendance and work record.
- Physically able to perform assign duties.
Applicants are invited to visit www.NBHealthJobs.ca