Corrections (Family Practice) Opportunity
The physician is responsible for caring for patients at the South-East Regional Correctional Centre in Shediac, NB. The incoming physician is expected to provide 12 hours/week. The physician would be credentialed under The Moncton Hospital (Horizon Health Network). Main responsibilities usually include holding 2 clinics per week (typically 4-6 hours each), be on-call for emergencies (on-call stipend is available), assessing/reassessing patients when meds are started and being part of the Opioid Agonist Therapy (OAT) team to start clients on Suboxone/Methadone.
On-call coverage is required and is coordinated among a group. A stipend is available for on-call.
- 2 clinics per week (typically 4-6 hours each)
- Assessing and reassessing patients as necessary
- Being part of the OAT Team
- On-call coverage coordinated with a group of family physicians
Remuneration is at the sessional rate of $142.80/hour. There is a stipend when on-call for emergencies.
EXPECTED START DATE:
As soon as possible.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
Shediac (Shédiac in French) is an Acadian town in Westmorland County, New Brunswick. The town is home to the famous Parlee Beach and is known as the "Lobster Capital of the World". It hosts an annual festival every July which promotes its ties to lobster fishing. Shediac is approximately a 15-minute drive from the city of Moncton, www.moncton.ca.
- Must hold a valid license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick.
- Must be a member in good standing with the College of Family Physicians of Canada.
- Must be a licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada (LMCC).
- Must have a current malpractice insurance from the Canadian Medical Protective Association appropriate to the category of practice.
- Must be eligible for membership in the Department of Family Medicine.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Excellent attendance and work record.