Horizon Health Network, Saint John area (Region 2), is actively seeking permanent full-time Family Physicians to take over an existing practice or establish a new one. Opportunities exist in both rural and urban settings. Physicians participate in a variety of settings: community-based (practice location TBD) and in-hospital care:
- Saint John Regional Hospital 400 University Avenue, Saint John NB E2L 4L4
- Sussex Health Centre 75 Leonard Drive, Sussex NB E4E 2P7
- Charlotte County Hospital 4 Garden Street, St. Stephen NB E3L 2L9
Eligibility for Family Medicine New Brunswick:
This position is eligible to participate in the Family Medicine New Brunswick (FMNB) group practice model. FMNB affiliated physicians work within a group of local physicians – either joining an existing group or establishing a new group – and receive a blended payment model based on capitation and fee-for-service. The successful candidate may choose to join FMNB and receive assistance in setting up their practice within their local area, be provided with the Provincial EMR at no cost, and would be eligible to bill for services such as telecare. The application process for this position, including credentials and privileges, remains with the Regional Health Authority as described in this posting. For more information about the status of FMNB Groups in this area, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit FMNB.ca
Horizon has an annual budget of approximately $1.1 billion and has more than 12,600 employees, 1,100 physicians and 5,200 volunteers, auxiliary and alumnae members, as well as 17 foundations and 18 auxiliary and alumnae organizations. Horizon ensures representation from urban and rural areas through a 15-member Board that consists of 7 appointed and 8 elected members of the public.
For more information, visit the Horizon Health Network website at www.horizonnb.ca
HOURS OF WORK:
- Hours of work are normally provided between 0830hrs – 1630hrs Monday to Friday, unless otherwise agreed upon by the Service/Department Head.
- After-hours and weekend call coverage in coordination with members of the Department.
These responsibilities are basic. Additional duties may be assigned from time to time as may be necessary to the operation of Horizon Health Network:
- Provide family-centered primary care in the community for all age groups and genders.
- Collaborate with Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses and other allied medical staff.
- Provide in-patient hospital care.
- Participate in after hours on-call coverage in coordination with other medical staff ensuring provisions are made for continual coverage of patient caseload during times when you are absent from your practice.
- Participate in medical practice that is compatible with the Health Authority’s mission, values and strategic directions.
Standard remuneration is Fee-for-Service which is a direct compensation between the physician and Medicare of New Brunswick. On call remuneration is provided. No source deductions can be provided.
- Candidates may be eligible for a Provincial Recruitment Incentive with a Return of Service Agreement.
- Moving Expense Allowance.
- As soon as possible.
A playground in Atlantic Canada surrounded by fresh waterways on one side and the ocean on the other.
With a community of Maritime and Acadian people whose rich friendly culture will include you.
To a community where families are able to raise their children in a safe, close-knit environment with a reasonable cost of living.
The Saint John area offers you a broad range of affordable housing options, from heritage properties to executive homes within the city and in nearby Kennebecasis Valley. Saint John, a booming harbor city is Canada's oldest incorporated city (1785) and home to the country's oldest museum and farmers' market. For spouses and families, there are excellent employment and educational prospects. The nearby towns and villages, such as St. Stephen, Sussex, and Grand Manan, provide a diverse selection of recreational and sport activities that appeal to all age groups.
- A medical degree is required.
- Certification with the College of Family Physicians of Canada is preferred. Consideration will be given to other University Medical School qualifications and training.
- Candidates must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick.
- Proficiency in English is required.
- In accordance with immigration requirements, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Good attendance and work record.
- Physically able to perform assign duties.
Applicants are invited to visit www.NBHealthJobs.ca