Horizon Health Network, Saint John area (Region 2), is actively seeking a permanent full-time Pediatrician. Join a pediatric department that believes in collaboration, teamwork, research, medical education and excellence in clinical care. Our vibrant department currently has thirteen (13) pediatricians including subspecialty services: neonatology; neurology, developmental pediatrics and endocrinology. The clinical practice provides a stimulating variety of acute and complex care. The Department of Pediatrics maintains strong support and collaboration with the IWK Children’s Hospital in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
The Department of Pediatric members are encouraged to be part of the medical education program affiliated with Dalhousie University and Memorial University Medical Schools. Information regarding faculty appointments and academic opportunities are available upon request. Physicians are also encouraged to be part of the health network’s research initiatives.
Horizon Health Network is the largest health-care organization in Atlantic Canada, operating 12 hospitals and more than 100 medical facilities, clinics and offices providing medical services ranging from acute care to community based health services to New Brunswick, northern Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. With 1,000 physicians, an annual budget exceeding $1 billion and approximately 13,000 employees, Horizon Health Network’s strategic vision focuses on research, innovation and education.
For more information, visit the Horizon Health Network website at www.horizonnb.ca
HOURS OF WORK:
• Hours of work are normally provided between 0830hrs – 1630hrs Monday to Friday, unless otherwise agreed upon by the Service/Department Head.
• After-hours and weekend call coverage in coordination with members of the Department of Pediatrics.
These responsibilities are basic. Additional duties may be assigned from time to time as may be necessary to the operation of Horizon Health Network:
• Provide ambulatory care in a clinic setting.
• Provide inpatient care as required and requested by the Clinical Department Head.
• Practice in a collaborative fashion as a member of an interdisciplinary team and consult with members of other health professions as appropriate.
• Participates in departmental medical education initiatives.
• Provide on-call services during statutory holidays, evenings and weekends as part of the on-call schedule for the Department.
• Participate in medical practice that is compatible with the Health Authority’s mission, values and strategic directions.
This is a salaried position, remuneration is based on the New Brunswick Medical Pay Plan. The current rates range between $225,524 to a maximum of $274,170 annually (excluding benefits and source deductions) based on qualifications and experience. On call remuneration is Fee-For-Service which is a direct compensation between the physician and Medicare New Brunswick.
• Candidates may be eligible for a Location Grant with a Return of Service Agreement.
• Moving Expense Allowance.
EXPECTED START DATE:
• As soon as possible.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
A playground in Atlantic Canada surrounded by fresh waterways on one side and the ocean on the other.
With a community of Maritime and Acadian people whose rich friendly culture will include you.
To a community where families are able to raise their children in a safe, close-knit environment with a reasonable cost of living.
The Saint John area offers you a broad range of affordable housing options, from heritage properties to executive homes within the city and in nearby Kennebecasis Valley. Saint John, a booming harbor city is Canada's oldest incorporated city (1785) and home to the country's oldest museum and farmers' market. For spouses and families, there are excellent employment and educational prospects. The nearby towns and villages, such as St. Stephen, Sussex, and Grand Manan, provide a diverse selection of recreational and sport activities that appeal to all age groups.
• A medical degree is required.
• Certification with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
• Candidates must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick.
• Proficiency in English is required. Bilingual skills would be considered an asset.
• In accordance with immigration requirements, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-building skills.
• Good attendance and work record.
• Physically able to perform assign duties.