THE POSITION: Internal Medicine (Neurology)
Horizon Health Network, Saint John area (Region 2), is actively seeking a permanent full-time neurologist. The Physician will deliver appropriate inpatient and outpatient services in neurology.
The physician will participate in the provincial neurology and telestroke on call system. The physician will participate in the Division of Neurology schedule for inpatient and Emergency Medicine consultations. Other duties may be determined by the Department of Internal Medicine or Division of Neurology.
Department of Medicine physicians are required to be part of the Internal Medicine residency program affiliated with Dalhousie University Medical School and postgraduate program and to teach in the undergraduate program at Dalhousie Medicine New Brunswick. Information regarding faculty appointments is available upon request. Physicians are also encouraged to be part of the research program.
Horizon has an annual budget of approximately $1.1 billion and has more than 12,600 employees, 1,100 physicians and 5,200 volunteers, auxiliary and alumnae members, as well as 17 foundations and 18 auxiliary and alumnae organizations. Horizon ensures representation from urban and rural areas through a 15-member Board that consists of 7 appointed and 8 elected members of the public.
HOURS OF WORK:
- Hours of work are normally provided between 0830hrs – 1630hrs Monday to Friday, unless otherwise agreed upon by the Service/Department Head.
- After-hours and weekend call coverage in coordination with members of the Division of Neurology and provincial call group.
These responsibilities are basic. Additional duties may be assigned from time to time as may be necessary to the operation of Horizon Health Network:
- Provide ambulatory care in a teaching clinic setting.
- Provide inpatient care including rounds on patients.
- Provide consultations to hospital-based patients as requested by attending staff.
- Provide on-call services during statutory holidays, evenings and weekends as part of the on-call
schedule of the provincial service.
- Participate in medical practice that is compatible with the Health Authority’s mission, values and strategic directions.
This is a salaried position, remuneration is based on the New Brunswick Medical Pay Plan. The current rates range between $227,786 to a maximum of $276,900 annually (locums receive 10% of the base salary in lieu of benefits) based on qualifications and experience. On call remuneration is Fee-For-Service which is a direct compensation between the physician and Medicare New Brunswick.
EXPECTED START DATE:
- As soon as possible.
A playground in Atlantic Canada surrounded by fresh waterways on one side and the ocean on the other.
With a community of Maritime and Acadian people whose rich friendly culture will include you.
To a community where families are able to raise their children in a safe, close-knit environment with a reasonable cost of living.
The Saint John area offers you a broad range of affordable housing options, from heritage properties to executive homes within the city and in nearby Kennebecasis Valley. Saint John, a booming harbor city is Canada's oldest incorporated city (1785) and home to the country's oldest museum and farmers' market. For spouses and families, there are excellent employment and educational prospects. The nearby towns and villages, such as St. Stephen, Sussex, and Grand Manan, provide a diverse selection of recreational and sport activities that appeal to all age groups.
- A medical degree is required.
- Certification with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada as Specialist in Neurology, or equivalent.
- Candidates must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick.
- Proficiency in English is required. Bilingual skills would be considered an asset.
- In accordance with immigration requirements, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Good attendance and work record.
- Physically able to perform assign duties.
Applicants are invited to visit www.NBHealthJobs.ca