THE POSITION: Psychiatrist Physician
Horizon Health Network’s, Miramichi Regional Hospital in Miramichi, NB is recruiting a full-time Psychiatrist. The incumbent has extensive clinical autonomy in General Psychiatry for patients of all ages. He or she provides inpatient and outpatient consultations and follow-ups, and acts as a consultant to other physicians.
Members of the department of Psychiatry are encouraged to be part of the teaching program affiliated with Dalhousie University Medical School and Memorial University Medical School postgraduate program and teaching in the undergraduate program at Dalhousie Medicine New Brunswick. Information regarding faculty appointments is available upon request. Physicians are also encouraged to be part of the research program.
Horizon Health Network is the largest health-care organization in Atlantic Canada, operating 12 hospitals and more than 100 medical facilities, clinics and offices providing medical services ranging from acute care to community based health services to New Brunswick, northern Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. With 1,000 physicians, an annual budget exceeding $1 billion and approximately 13,000 employees, Horizon Health Network’s strategic vision focuses on research, innovation and education.
The Miramichi Regional Hospital is a 161-bed hospital with a full range of primary care and specialty services. The medical staff of about 75 members includes primary care physicians, surgeons, internists, anesthetists, pediatricians, pathologists, urologists, psychiatrists, and other specialties.
For more information, visit the Horizon Health Network website at www.horizonnb.ca
- HOURS OF WORK: Hours of work are normally provided between 0800hrs – 1600hrs Monday to Friday, unless otherwise agreed upon by the Service/Department Head.
- Mandatory after-hours and weekend call coverage in coordination with members of the Department of Psychiatry.
- These responsibilities are basic. Additional duties may be assigned from time to time as may be necessary to the operation of Horizon Health Network:Provide comprehensive services in the inpatient, outpatient, and at the community mental health clinic.
- Involvement in teaching residents and medical students
- Participate in medical practice that is compatible with the Health Authority’s mission, values and strategic directions.
The candidate will be remunerated on a salaried model. This may range between a minimum of $230,074 to a maximum of $279,682 annually (excluding benefits and source deductions) based on qualifications and experience. On call remuneration is fee for service.
- Moving Expense Allowance.
- EXPECTED START DATE:As soon as possible.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
The city of Miramichi is a friendly, warm community located along the Miramichi river in Northeastern New Brunswick. It offers very affordable housing and cost of living, while meeting all of your day-to-day needs. There are many homes within a 15-minute commute to the hospital, with excellent, safe neighbourhoods.
Miramichi boasts excellent outdoor opportunities including boating, golfing and world class fishing. We have well-maintained trails for hiking, biking, ATVing and snowmobiling. Many festivals are offered throughout the year and there are plenty of community and recreation programs for children and adults.
For more information, visit https://www.discovermiramichi.com/
- A medical degree is required.
- Certification with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada as a Specialist in Psychiatry, or equivalent.
- Candidates must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick.
- Proficiency in English and French is required.
- In accordance with immigration requirements, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Good attendance and work record.
- Physically able to perform assign duties.
TO APPLY/INFORMATION: Applicants are invited to forward their CV to Debbie Donovan, Physician Recruitment Coordinator, 500 Water Street, Miramichi, NB E1V 3G5; Fax: (506) 623-3465 or Email: debbie.donovan@HorizonNB.ca