Pathologist with training in Renal Pathology and/or Neuropathology. An experienced pathologist with 5 + years of additional experience. Application for Locum Tenens will also be considered.
Horizon Health Network, Saint John area (Region 2), is actively seeking a full-time Anatomical Pathologist in the Department of Laboratory Medicine at the Saint John Regional Hospital. The successful candidate will be employed in the Division of Anatomic Pathology and will be expected to provide general anatomic pathology service and in-house specialty consultation.
Horizon Health Network is the largest health-care organization in Atlantic Canada, operating 12 hospitals and more than 100 medical facilities, clinics and offices providing medical services ranging from acute care to community-based health services to New Brunswick, northern Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island. With 1,000 physicians, an annual budget exceeding $1 billion and approximately 13,000 employees, Horizon Health Network’s strategic vision focuses on research, innovation, and education.
HOURS OF WORK:
• Hours of work are normally provided between 0830hrs – 1630hrs Monday to Friday, unless otherwise agreed upon by the Service/Department Head.
• After-hours and weekend call coverage in coordination with members of the Department.
- Provide expert advice and consultative services to physicians and other healthcare professionals on the choice, methods, and interpretation of molecular pathology tests and their use in the diagnosis of medical disorders.
- Periodically assess scope of current services in context of emerging standards of care
- Participate in quality assurance exercises for divisions of anatomic pathology
- Be involved with teaching medical students and residents
- Provide on-call services during statutory holidays, evenings, and weekends as part of the on-call schedule for the Department. Participate in medical practice that is compatible with the Health Authority’s mission, values and strategic directions.
The successful candidate will join a group compensation programme (AFP / Alternate Funding Plan).
EXPECTED START DATE:
• As soon as possible but negotiable
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
Imagine… A playground in Atlantic Canada surrounded by fresh waterways on one side and the ocean on the other. Connect… With a community of Maritime and Acadian people whose rich friendly culture will include you. Belong… To a community where families can raise their children in a safe, close-knit environment with a reasonable cost of living. The Saint John area offers you a broad range of affordable housing options, from heritage properties to executive homes within the city and in nearby Kennebecasis Valley. Saint John, a booming harbor city is Canada's oldest incorporated city (1785) and home to the country's oldest museum and farmers' market. For spouses and families, there are excellent employment and educational prospects. The nearby towns and villages, such as St. Stephen, Sussex, and Grand Manan, provide a diverse selection of recreational and sport activities that appeal to all age groups.
- A medical degree is required.
- Certification with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in Anatomical pathology, equivalent qualifications will be considered.
- Formal training in Renal Pathology or Neuropathology is desirable. Other subspecialty training would also be considered.
- Candidates must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick.
- Proficiency in English is required. Bilingual skills would be considered an asset. ▪ In accordance with immigration requirements, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-building skills. ▪ Good attendance and work record.
- Physically able to perform assign duties.
TO APPLY/INFORMATION: Applicants are invited to visit www.NBHealthJobs.ca, or contact Lindsay Vaughn Physician Recruitment Advisor at Lindsay.Vaughan@HorizonNB.ca.