NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
ZONE: Zone 1B - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr. Léon-Richard Oncology Centre
DEPARTMENT: Regional Oncology Department / Regional Medical Oncology Division / Regional Hematology Division
CLASSIFICATION: Hematologist Oncologist
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
• Based on the agreement set by the department head. It is temporary full-time position.
• On-call service in the evening and on weekends shared by the department members.
Reporting to the Regional Hematology Division Head, Regional Medical Oncology Division Head, and the Medical Director concerned, the hematologist oncologist carries out specialized clinical work focusing on hematological and oncological pathologies. He practices in a variety of clinical settings to provide a wide range of medical care to patients with a confirmed or suspected diagnosis of cancer or blood pathologies.
The hematologist oncologist provides individualized care and support to adult patients and their loved ones throughout the disease trajectory. The cancer continuum includes health promotion and preventive measures, screening, initial cancer assessment and diagnosis, treatment, survivorship, follow-up, as well as supportive care, palliative care, and end-of-life care.
The hematologist oncologist works in interdisciplinary teams to develop a multimodal, evidence-based therapeutic approach. He also collaborates with other healthcare professionals in providing diverse and comprehensive care to cancer patients and their loved ones.
The hematologist oncologist is also called upon to participate in research activities in his sector of activity. He actively participates in teaching activities in his department, in close collaboration with the Centre de formation médicale du Nouveau-Brunswick.
- Degree from a recognized medical school and residency granting a licence in hematology and oncology;
A recognized medical school is a school that meets the following criteria:
- Accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Canadian Medical Schools (CACMS) or the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) (in the United States); or
- Identified by a Canada Sponsor Note in the World Directory of Medical Schools ;
- Recognized certification from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in hematology;
- Recognized certification from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in medicine oncology;
- Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick;
- Active membership in the Canadian Medical Protective Association or equivalent liability insurance association;
- Membership in the New Brunswick Medical Society;
- Privileges with Vitalité Health Network;
- 1 to 3 years of experience deemed an asset;
- Any other combination of training and experience deemed relevant and equivalent could be considered;
- Written communication skills in the scientific and medical fields;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network’s management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The salary for this position is salary-based.
- Moving expenses allowance.
- Possibility of a recruitment incentive depending on eligibility, as determined by the Department of Health (return of service required).
- This job is also posted on NBhealthjobs.
- For more information about Vitalite Health Network, please visit the Network’s website.
- For more information about the community, please visit the city's website https://www.moncton.ca/
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.